Monday, April 27, 2009

Tammy McBeth's Top 25 Songs

1. Minor Detail - Sondre Lerche and the Faces Down Quartet
My favorite band. Hard to limit myself to two from them. This is from their jazzy album and is one of my favorite songs to start the day with.

2. Sway - Bic Runga

3. Fidelity - Regina Spektor

4. Make It With You - Bread
This song marked the beginning of my venture into more laid-back acoustic music, which led to the discovery of much of the music on this list.

5. More Adventurous - Rilo Kiley

6. Sunnyroad - Emiliana Torrini
Such a sweet, simple song that reminds me of lazy hot days of summer. Also really fun and easy to play.

7. Amame - Juanes
Literally translated, "love me." We listened to this song in Spanish class senior year of high school, and I've been hooked on Juanes since.

8. My Favorite Book - Stars
A really sweet song, made sweeter by being "ours"

9. Crunchy Granola Suite - Neil Diamond
If I could put entire albums on this list, I would have just put "Hot August Night" in this slot. That album was such a big part of my childhood. I will love Neil Diamond til the day I die.

10. Nessun Dorma - Puccini
Heartbreakingly beautiful. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nessun_dorma for more about the opera, if you're interested.

11. Two-Way Monologue - Sondre Lerche

12. Empty Spaces - SR-71

13. Who Needs Shelter - Jason Mraz
Another good song for a morning drive or a rainy day


14. Four-Eyed Girl - Rhett Miller
Yay glasses

15. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

16. Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk
For the techno geek in all of us

17. Witchcraft - Frank Sinatra
Hard to pick just one. Probably should be higher on the list.

18. Never My Love - The Association
Beautiful harmonies

19. I'm Stupid - Prime STH

20. Sparks - Coldplay
Love the bass line

21. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
My theme song in 10th grade

22. Rhapsody in Blue - Glenn Miller
Another band we listened to a lot as kids.

23. Naima - John Coltrane

24. Bad Sneakers - Steely Dan

25. I'm Just a Girl - No Doubt

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Tammy's up, and she has notes now. Tammy gives us the first appearance of opera, of John Coltrane, and of Sinatra, and she continues the trend of The Association's dominance on our early lists. Masterfully done, Tamtaro. Hope the links are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be listening before I send my list in. I'm easily influenced. Nice selection, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete