Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mike Armstrong's Top 25 Songs

1. Gold Sounds - Pavement
Makes me think of Summers back home, staying up all night into the next day, eating breakfast in a beach chair on the back deck

2. Someday - The Strokes
My favorite Strokes song, a song for dancing

3. Hounds of Love - The Futureheads
I absolutely love singing this song as loud as possible

4. Maps - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

5. Hybrid Rainbow - The Pillows
I get chills when it kicks in about a minute in

6. Hey Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had a Deal - They Might Be Giants

7. Returning to the Fold - The Thermals

8. Your English is Good - Tokyo Police Club
This song gets me up and going

9. Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley
This song was fantastic live

10. Samson - Regina Spektor
I love this story

11. My Favourite Book - The Stars
Our song

12. Parentheses - The Blow

13. The Underdog - Spoon
Maybe my favorite song thematically, never stop learning

14. Rebellion (Lies) - The Arcade Fire
Hard to choose one from this album, but the line "sleeping is giving in" resonates

15. The Crane Wife 3 - The Crane Wife

16. Kc Accidental - Broken Social Scene
The surprise on this list, I did not expect to put this song so high

17. Back When I Was 4 - Jeffrey Lewis

18. Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig - Jens Lekman

19. For No One's Better Sake - Little Joy

20. There's a Metalhead in the Parking Lot - Slapstick
This meant a lot when I was in middle/high school

21. Impression That I Get - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Favorite album for a long time

22. I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian

23. Those Who Fight Further (Final Fantasy 7) - Black Mages

24. Dandelions - Five Iron Frenzy
It never left me

25. The Sun Lights Strong - Matty Popchart

26. Good Enough - Westbound Train
It could have been any one of their songs

3 comments:

  1. Good job, brother mine. All these songs are great, but I'd never seen the videos for most of these, and they're all over the place: some good, some bad, some absolutely ridiculous. The Gold Sounds video, in particular, is just weird. I love the Returning to the Fold video, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting group "Spoon". I hadn't heard of them before. So glad to see the Bosstones. My that brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get #5 the first time you played it for me, but it's definitely grown on me. Although I still have no idea what he's saying.

    ReplyDelete